What To Bring – recommended clothing
This is the clothing we recommend you to bring, along with normal holiday luggage:
- Riding Trousers: for the western saddle cow boy jeans are ideal – they are flatly seamed and are particularly long in the leg. Jodhpurs are ok when worn with half chaps.
- Footwear: The correct footwear is important for riding. We use light walking boots, high on the ankle, not too big. Ideally, short boots or gym shoes should be worn with half chaps. We do not recommend riding boots with a smooth sole.
- Riding Hat: Hard hats are compulsory for under 18's. If possible, take your own, or we can lend you one)
- Warm sweater something warmer for the evenings, above all you summer clothes for the hot July days
- Waterproof jacket
- Swim costume
- We can provide a towel, but bring a dressing gown (or towel dressing gown for the swimming pool), and sandals or slippers.
- Insurance documents: It's important to make sure you are insured for all the activities of your riding holiday. Our insurance pays for damages depending on our acknowledged responsibility of the accident. Payment is authorised following a request for damages to be considered by the insurance company. A personal policy is different in that it always pays you out according to your agreed contract. This is what we advise you to do. Be aware that occasionally personal policies exclude dangerous sports such as riding, but by warning the company you can include it.
- We require a form of ID and health certificate.
- Let us know of any allergies or other special requirements (food allergies and intolerances, dietary requirements).
- Payment for the holiday is to be made on departure, with cash or credit cards.